I’m getting old, y’all.
Next year I will be attending my 10 year high school reunion. *slams head to the table*
I’ve spent the past few days spending precious time with family and friends in my hometown so I’m feeling a little extra sentimental this week. 😉
So without further adue, here are 27 things I’ve learned in 27 years. ❤ Please feel free to add your own in the comments section!
1. It’s the little things that end up being the biggest things. (Like when your kids save you the crunchy pieces because they know it’s your favorite part.)
3. People are more important than things.
4. Money can’t buy happiness.
5. Kids are little sponges and soak up every word.
6. Sometimes it’s more fun to just pee in the yard (when you’re a 3-year-old boy, that is.).
8. Mama really was right. (Most of the time)
9. God’s plan is waaaay better than our plan.
10. Time doesn’t heal all wounds – God does.
11. “I’m sorry” is just as important as saying “please” and “thank you.”
12. Some nights require going to get ice cream in your pj’s with your 7-year-old. Just because.
14. Your reputation is super hard to repair. Treasure it and protect it.
15. Date nights with your spouse are important and worth paying a babysitter.
17. When it comes to friends, quality is more important than quantity.
18. The most important relationship you can have is the one you have with God. The health of all other relationships will depend on the health of this relationship.
20. You can’t get time back once it’s been wasted. Spend it wisely.
21. Sleeping like a baby is the biggest lie ever told.
22. You can never over-say “I love you.”
23. Make time to be goofy with the kids.
24. It’s important to learn something new everyday.
25. Always say “YES” to God. It is far more rewarding to step out in faith instead of letting fear hold you back.
❤ – ❤ – ❤ – ❤ – ❤ – ❤ – ❤ – ❤
Don’t take another minute for granted. We are not promised tomorrow. Love passionately, live boldly and don’t be afraid to pursue your dreams.
God’s love is amazing, His grace is neverending and He is your biggest fan.
Over and out. It’s time to enjoy those around us today. 🙂
Live Life Unscripted,